The Personal Peace Procedure will help you:
- clear the impact of negative life events
- improve self-image
- reduce self-doubt
- improve your state of mind
- improve your health
- increase your sense of relaxation
- Make a list of every bothersome specific event you can remember. If you don’t find at least fifty you are either going at this half-heartedly, or you have been living on some other planet. Many people will find hundreds.
- While making your list you may find that some events don’t seem to cause you any current discomfort. That’s OK. List them anyway. The mere fact that you remember them suggests a need for resolution.
- Give each specific event a title … as though it was a mini-movie. Examples:
- Dad hit me in the kitchen
- I stole Suzy’s sandwich
- I almost slipped and fell into the Grand Canyon
- My third grade class ridiculed me when I gave that speech
- Mom locked me in the closet for 2 days
- Mrs. Adams told me I was stupid
- When the list is complete, pick out the biggest redwoods in your negative forest and apply EFT to each of them until you either laugh about it or “can’t think about it any more”. Be sure to notice any aspects that may come up and consider them separate trees in your negative forest. Apply EFT to them accordingly. Be sure to keep after each event until it is resolved.
If you cannot get a number for the intensity level on a particular movie, then assume you are repressing it and apply 10 full rounds of EFT on it, from every angle you think of. This gives you a high possibility for resolving it.After the big redwoods have been removed, go to the next biggest trees.
- Do at least one movie (specific event) per day … preferably three … for 3 months. It only takes minutes per day. At this rate you will have resolved 90 to 270 specific events in 3 months. Then notice how your body feels better. Note also how your “threshold for getting upset” is much lower. Note how your relationships are better and how many of your therapy-type issues just don’t seem to be there any more. Revisit some of those specific events and notice how those previously intense incidences have faded into nothingness. Note any improvements in your blood pressure, pulse and breathing ability.I ask you to consciously notice these things because, unless you do, the quality healing you will have undergone will seem so subtle that you may not notice it. You may even dismiss it, saying “oh well, it was never much of a problem anyway”. This happens repeatedly with EFT and thus I bring it to your awareness.
- If you are taking medications, you may feel the need to discontinue them. Please do so ONLY UNDER A QUALIFIED PHYSICIAN’S ADVICE.
It is my hope that the Personal Peace Procedure becomes a worldwide routine. A few minutes per day will make a monumental difference in school performance, relationships, health, and your quality of life. But these are meaningless words unless others (you) put the idea into practice. Here is a quote from my good friend, Howard wight: “If you are ultimately going to do something important that will make a real difference … do it now.”
Personal Peace to All,
Gary Craig, Founder, EFT